ABOUT FAMILY RECOVERY PROGRAM
The program seeks to:
- Provide immediate, intensive substance use disorder supportive services.
- Help Baltimore City Department of Social Services (DSS) make good decisions about reuniting parents and children, or finding a new permanent home for children.
- Reduce the time a child stays in foster care due to a parent’s substance use disorder.
- Save costs for the state of Maryland by reducing time in foster care.
At FRP, we “S.E.E. our families.”
Strengthen. Engage. and Equip.
- We strengthen families affected by trauma, substance use, and behavioral health conditions by providing equitable and inclusive services.
- We engage families in a diverse array of holistic services.
- We equip families with the necessary trauma-informed skills for resilience in order to live a self-directed life.
An independent evaluation by NPC Research compared results and costs for parents who received FRP services to families who did not. The results are remarkable. Read more about them here. The bottom line is that FRP cases are less costly to the child welfare system – more than $5,000 in savings per year per family — and more successful in reuniting families at a faster rate than non-FRP parents.
WHAT WE DO
This nationally recognized program provides parents with services and refers parents to appropriate substance treatment. FRP provides the following supportive services:
- Intensive Case Management
- Immediate Referrals to Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Onsite and offsite Mental Health Care
- Onsite Drug Testing
- Parent Compliance Incentives
- Onsite Circle of Security Parenting Class
- Transportation assistance
- Transitional Housing referrals
- Parent Mentors
- Peer Support
- Holistic Support Groups
- Indentification Assistance
- Connective Community Resources
- Onsite Family Engagement Activities
- An array of other services
More Treatment Completion
Less Foster Care
More Time in Treatment
Reduced Cost to the Child Welfare System
WHY WE SERVE
The Family Recovery Program’s Core Values
Awards and Honors
In our 17+ years of operating we’ve been fortunate to receive a variety of awards and honors.